Jamf Infrastructure Manager installation on a 2019 Server

jgarland
New Contributor III

I am wondering if anyone in this community has tried installing the Jamf Infrastructure Manager Ver. 2.2.2 on a 2019 Microsoft Server and got it working properly.  If so, how did you set it up?  

We are using the Amazon Corretto Ver. 11 as suggested in the JIM setup guide and JIM Ver. 2.2.2 with no success.

Looking for anyone in the community who has this running properly checking in with LDAP.

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew_R
New Contributor III

Where are you running into problems?  On Server 2016 (I know, not 2019 like you're on) the only thing I had that wasn't totally obvious to me was a couple of environment variables.  I had to set the following:

JAVA_HOME set to "C:\Program Files\Amazon Corretto\jdk11.0.13_8"
JRE_HOME set to "C:\Program Files\Amazon Corretto\jdk11.0.13_8"
and
PATH includes "C:\Program Files\Amazon Corretto\jdk11.0.13_8\bin"

jgarland
New Contributor III

Once we have installed the software and Amazon Corretto we are running into unable to complete handshake.

Andrew_R
New Contributor III

So for me that required several firewall rules that our security guy took care of, both to allow the Infrastructure Manager to talk back and forth with our Jamf cloud instance, and with an internal domain controller.  Things were locked down fairly tight in that regard.

The Infrastructure Manager needs to have an externally resolvable DNS entry so it can be contacted by the JSS, I did have to also add that entry into the hosts file on the Infrastructure Manager.  So in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts I had to set something like:

192.168.20.10 jamf-im.mycompany.net

Where 192.168.20.10 is the internal IP address of the server, and jamf-im.mycompany.net is the externally resolvable name for the server.

And then restart the server, and try installing the software again to connect.