Jamf / Intune integration: Automation of computer registration

pmeuser
New Contributor II

How do you automate the computer registration process to Azure AD / Intune, so that the necessary user interaction is minimized as much as possible?

5 REPLIES 5

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I don't think you can automate completely. The only thing I could come up with is combining the two self service steps to one... 1st one install the app and in the files and process sections of that policy I have /usr/local/bin/jamf policy -event XXXXX to trigger a 2nd policy. That 2nd policy only runs the "Microsoft Intune Integration".

C

nathan_perkins
New Contributor II

I also used "sudo jamf policy -event intune" to trigger the user prompts for Intune registration without bringing up the Self-Service.

I use "jamf displayMessage -message $msg" to show the user a notification about the process.

If you'd rather bring up the self-service center, you can use the "open" command to open the installation or description URL from the self-service tab of the policy.

mssaffan
New Contributor II

I'm doing this myself, and the problem I'm finding is the user has to type in their log in credentials multiple times (for azure, for the Mac OS, for self service).

Anyone else finding this?

simonep
New Contributor III

Yes, not a good user experience but really do not know how to script this. Would love a resolution!

simonep
New Contributor III

When I attempt to use the custom trigger I'm getting the below error message

Error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.jamfsoftware.task.errors error 1.) {com.jamfsoftware.task.errors code=1}