Jamf migration to new server

BCPeteo
Contributor II

Having some issues on a migrated jamf development server.

I followed jamf's instructions sent to be by support (https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/122/migrating-to-another-server) on migrating existing Jamf server to another server.

We setup a CNAME record as that does not require re enrolling clients.

For the most part the test migration worked. All our data came over and the clients are checking into the new server.
But I am having an issue when testing enrolling new clients. I have enrolled a client using the new servers enroll URL. Installed mdm profiles.
Computer checks in fine. When I try and push out a policie to deploy a pkg I get the error:
Could not mount distribution point "JSS Distribution Point"
JSS Distribution Point setting on new jamf server has the old servers name. I assume this should work since I have a cname in place. Also the Jamf Pro URL setting is set to the old server name.

Do these need to be changed to the new servers name? If so why doesn't the migration documentation say this? Is there any where else the old server name needs to be changed?

2 REPLIES 2

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Change the distribution point temporarily to use the IP rather than the dns name and see if that gets you somewhere. If that works then you know it is a resolution issue.

The jamf pro URL should probably be changed to, but I can't confirm that.

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

Wait you're using Jamf Distro point? or File Share Distro? if its JDS i'd suggest dumping that as its no longers upported.