Jamf Nation Site Design

nortonpc
Contributor

I thought that I would open a dialog about the site design. I am curious what other users think about it.

I think there should be a sorting option where we can view the latest posts first. That way one does not have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to view the latest posts on some of the longer threads.

The "bubble view" looks fantastic but it really ads a ton of extra whitespace to the page. It makes for lots of additional scrolling to read through the posts. Would it be possible to offer an option for a tighter view option. Something that takes better advantage of the real-estate on the screen. More like a spreadsheet or a traditional bulletin board.

Again, just my opinion. I really love the site, and it was long overdue for this community. I am glad it is here in whatever capacity. I was just curious what everyone else thought about the design.

4 REPLIES 4

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Well, you can already sort by "Latest Activity" so that knocks down your latest posts thing. Though, some sort of badge on a discussion to indicate that there are new posts since your last visit would be nice.

Brad_G
Contributor II

I'd agree that while the site is visually appealing I'd like to see it condensed a bit also. I foresee a large amount of community input and reducing the number of pages to view it would be helpful.

My guess is that at some point some of the feature requests and things like that may need to be broken out into categories to make them easier to browse.

nortonpc
Contributor

@Jarednichols
I saw this functionality. While this does allow one to keep track of the latest discussions it does not work inside of each discussion. All of the responses are still in order from oldest to newest, there also does not appear to be any way to thread the discussions.

I cannot reply directly to your post it is just a general reply into the discussion.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor
While this does allow one to keep track of the latest discussions it does not work inside of each discussion.

Ah ok. I hadn't noticed that bit. The reply-to-post functionality would be huge too, threading the discussion.