Jamf Power BI Connector Data source error:

mmcchesney
New Contributor II

If I add the Computers group of data I get the following error when trying to refresh from Power BI Workspace after publishing.

Data source error: The 'computerDetails.latitude' column does not exist in the rowset. Table: Computers.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: aad27789-88e9-4e32-8be8-f5ac4efdf2ff
Request ID: 09e15f02-c437-8cd0-c590-ae1dbd442210

Time: 2020-04-14 19:44:17Z

This happens even if the data isn't being used for a Visualization. Its always the computerDetails.latitude and I have checked and double checked that field is there. I have also loaded the data without that field as I am not using it but I still get this error. I have cleared the cache and redone all security and even built all of my visualizations from scratch. The data refreshes fine in the Desktop version but refuses to refresh when published to my working group in office 365.

If I don't use the computers group everything works fine. However there is a lot of data there I would want to use. I have made some great stuff with it but not being able to publish it makes is useless.

8 REPLIES 8

mmcchesney
New Contributor II

Looks like they updated the Power BI App in office 365 and its sorted out this issue.

Steven5342
New Contributor III

Currently having this issue. What was the solution?

rastogisagar123
Contributor II

Is if solved?

Sagar Rastogi

wdrain01
New Contributor II

I'm having a similar issue as well and would like to know the solution

pazdak
New Contributor II

@wdrain01 @Steven5342 This issue was with an older version of the Custom Connector. If you are using the one that shipped with PowerBI Desktop in February you shouldn't have this solution.

You can check by seeing if you have the Custom Connector in your My Documents folder.

Respond to me if you need any other help

wdrain01
New Contributor II

Hi Pazdak

Thanks for the reply back, much appreciated!
I have the latest July version of Power BI desktop and I'm using that and getting the error. Wouldn't that have latest version of the Jamf Pro Connector ?

pazdak
New Contributor II

@wdrain01 The only version we have that has that issue came from downloading from the Jamf GITHUB.

If you have the custom connector on the PowerBI instance it will use the local connector instead of the cloud certified one. Check to see if you have the local MEZ file.

Sorry I didn't see this response and get back to you sooner.

Steven5342
New Contributor III

Thanks for that information! I deleted the Custom Connector in the Documents folder and then I disconnected by data-source and reconnected the Jamf data-source and so far it appears to be working.