Jamf Pro 10.23.0 Beta 1 Now Available!

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Jamf Nation!

The Jamf Pro 10.23.0 beta contains quite a few new features, fixes, and enhancements that we are excited to share with you!

Cloud Services Connection and Icon Service

You can now enable the Cloud Services Connection to connect your Jamf Pro instances with Jamf-hosted services. When you enable the Cloud Services Connection, your Jamf Pro instances are automatically connected to the Icon Service. This connection removes the work of storing, moving, and serving icons to the items made available in Jamf Self Service and helps you save on database storage and Jamf Pro memory usage. We're very excited for your feedback on this!

Automatically re-run policy on failure

Thank you for all your feedback, we're happy to say the second-most upvoted Feature Request is now in Jamf Pro 10.23.0. This is our first iteration of allowing a Jamf Pro Administrator to specify how many times to retry a policy if the log comes back as failed. Please let us know your feedback and suggestions!

HTTP/2 for APNs

We've been testing this out with our beta community over the last few releases, and we're happy to say Jamf Pro is ready for this upcoming change! On-Premise customers will be able to switch between protocols, and Jamf Cloud customers will be able to see which protocol is currently in use. With this change comes significantly improved logging, especially readability. We're looking forward to all of your feedback on the functionality and logging!

As always, there's a lot more to this release which is covered in the release notes!

How to join the beta:

If you would like to participate in the beta program, please enroll using the Beta Programs tab on Jamf Nation under My Assets within the account section. After enrollment, reference our Release Notes for a complete list of what is included in the beta build.

Remember, this is a beta release. We strongly encourage you to install this software in a non-production environment.

As always, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing on any public forum, including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation beta discussion area or contact Jamf via beta@jamf.com with any questions regarding the beta.

Thank you to all those who participate in the program!

12 REPLIES 12

tomt
Valued Contributor

Still not adding the ability to set a Cloud DP as failover?

jtrant
Valued Contributor

PLEASE address the inability to renew the Jamf internal CA (and certificates issued by it).

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jtrant,

I think if you check out the release notes for 10.23.0 Beta 1 you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks!

tomt
Valued Contributor

Awww man... I'm never the one pleasantly surprised. ;)

jtrant
Valued Contributor

@scafide thanks a lot, this is very helpful. I'm not part of the beta program so don't have access to the release notes, but good to know it's coming soon.

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtrant,

You're more than welcome to sign up for the Beta Program if you're an existing Jamf Pro Customer. We'd love to have you! We're currently asking for customers to help us test this out.

@tomt apologies for making it look like I'm ignoring you - I'm not, just needed to check in on that! Unfortunately at this point in time the cloud DP failover will not be something implemented in this release and I don't have a timeframe to provide you. I know you and others are impacted by the JCDS, so while it doesn't help you today, please do know we've got a lot of people working on it.

tomt
Valued Contributor

@scafide No worries, it was a joke whine. After this many years, I've pretty much given up on that feature request except to occasionally bitch about something so simple being ignored for so long. Jamf development efforts seem to be focusing on the New Shiny instead of the boring back-end plumbing that makes it all actually work.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Don't give up, @tomt - we can just keep jabbin' on that one. I will...

c_kay
New Contributor III

I just wish they’d fix the bug of syncing large packages to Jamf Cloud DP using Jamf Admin. This has been broken on/off for years and they don’t seem to give a shit. It’s made using JCDP impossible for us.

preece46
New Contributor II

Can't wait til Patch Management gets looked at again.

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

@preece46 Indeed. Patch Management has kind of died on the vine in terms of additional features, like, say, being able to run a script natively instead of installing a package or a dummy package. We leverage CDN download scripts for MANY app installs, and it would be nice to be able to do this in patch management without having to distribute a dummy package. We got to meet with the Patch Management team from Jamf 3? JNUCs ago, and it sounded like a lot of cool things were to come... and yet we have seen nothing past the ability to leverage Community Patch (which is very nice).

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@scafide a belated thank you for the long awaited "retry" function for "Once per computer".

Been too busy to get involved with the Beta stuff, but wanted to thank you, this is HUGE.

--
https://donmontalvo.com