Jamf Pro 10.4 Beta Now Available!

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

The new Jamf Pro 10.4 beta continues to add features and functionality to support Apple’s spring release and enhance existing workflows. Additional features include the ability to suppress the Quick Start proximity setup after erasing a device, the ability to restrict the Remote app to specific Apple TV devices, and the ability to integrate with Entrust Certificate Authority to enroll devices and issue certificates.

Enhancements to existing workflows provide improvements to the User-Approved MDM enrollment experience, including the ability to notify users in Self Service to approve their MDM profile, enhancements to the Microsoft Intune integration setup, and additional search criteria for computer Smart Groups. Additionally, Self Service for macOS is now available in Chinese.

How to join the beta:

If you would like to participate in the beta program, please enroll at the beta homepage on Jamf Nation under My Assets. After enrollment, please reference our Release Notes (coming soon) for a complete listing of what is included in the beta build. Remember, this is a beta release. We strongly encourage that you not install this software in a production environment.

As always, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing on any public forum, including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation beta forums or contact Jamf with any questions regarding the beta.

Thank you to all those who participate in the program.

8 REPLIES 8

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@franton is that CVC > XML > Config Profile script thingie ready yet?

c71609cecf924c2a832d7baa7a11564a

--
https://donmontalvo.com

mrben
New Contributor III

At this rate of new releases, there should be an update mechanism built into JAMF :-)

apizz
Valued Contributor

@mrben I think that's called Jamf Cloud :P

bountyman
New Contributor III

In the 9.101.0 release notes, JAMF said that in the future release they would support MacOS 10.13 re-provisioning using an imaging workflow. I know I heard "Imaging is dead..." but that's we use in our shop.
Any updates on that JAMF ?

apizz
Valued Contributor

@bountyman I asked about this as well to our JAMFbuddy and he didn't have any updates for us. As a result, I've been going down the DEP deployment rabbit hole and nearly have everything figured out.

However, in my testing with the latest version of JAMF there is a PreStage Enrollment checkbox under Setup Assistant - "Set Up as New or Restore" - and I'm wondering if that is related to that re-provisioning mechanism that hasn't yet made its way into Jamf Imaging.

3df3fccea20b4247b8c4f66fdaadd8d6

krispayne
Contributor

@aporlebeke That check box is for Migration Assistant in Setup Assistant. It's not a Jamf thing.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@bountyman my understanding is casper imaging will work once your machines are 10.13 to keep them the same version of 10.13. It won't help you get machines that are 10.12 up to 10.13.

I wish jamf would instead support some sort of startosinstall workflow (how Apple wants the OS to be installed so that your machines get firmware updates).

bountyman
New Contributor III

@aporlebeke In our shop, the techs do mostly re-imaging. Takes them 15mn using a thunderbolt SSD drive. So far, I only use DEP with the iOS devices. I hope JAMF supports 10.13.x imaging very soon...

@CasperSally I was not aware that Jamf Imaging works with 10.13.x. That's the main reason we are still on 10.12.6.