Jamf Pro and Parent Not Working

lightspeed
New Contributor

Hello, I have an Ipad working with Jamf Pro.  I pushed to the device the Jamf Self Service App and on the Parent App scanned the QR code.  While it looks like they are linked, the Parent app is not causing any changes to the Ipad.  Under "Device" I see the battery usage is 100%, when it's actually much lower; so I don't think something is connected right.  I am able to push policies and App's to the device but I'm not sure what I might be missing?    Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

lightspeed
New Contributor

I'm seeing some other posts that Apple Configurator needs to be installed before the Parent app will work.  Does anyone know if that's the case?  Maybe that's what is wrong with my set up.  I see this in the failed commands from the Parent App:  "This profile can only be installed on a Supervised device."

RLR
Valued Contributor

Apple Configurator is not required. Are you enrolling your devices using Automated Device Enrolment (also known as DEP)? For a device to be supervised then it will need to be setup via DEP meaning it will go through a PreStage enrollment in Jamf. If you are enrolling your devices via a different method then they will not be supervised.

Also, the battery percentage (and other device details) will report what the device had when it last checked into Jamf via the inventory update command.