Jamf Pro - Delete computers with status "pending" from configuration profile scope

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello to the community,
I hope, that someone can help me to solve my problem.
I changed the scope of a configuration profile. The configuration profile is scoped to a smart computer group. When I saved the configuration profile, I noticed, that I was chosen the wrong smart computer group. I changed the scope to the right smart computer group.
It seems, that JamfPro saved the change in a working list and will work for the "wrong step". (The configuration profile will be changed on the clients and re changed to the right ones.) Some clients are on status "pending" and now, I am searching for a solution to delete those clients, because I do not want to change the configuration profiles.
Is there a way to delete those clients wich are on status "pending"? At the configuration profile itself, I can not find any possibility to do that.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd try 🙂
Maybe my question was not noticed, because of this, I want to ask again, if someone is able to help me out or if someone faces the same issue, as I do.

Thank you everybody,

NOVELLUS

peterlbk
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous if you have a list of devices you can select 'action' at the bottom right, then 'Cancel Management Commands' then 'Next' then 'Cancel All Pending Commands' and again 'Next' then wait a while until the job is done.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @peterlbk ,
Thank you very much for your reply.
Your described way works, if I use it for clients inside a  (smart) "computer group", but not if I have to stop pending actions for a list of clients inside a configuration profile.
For example:
I created a configuration profile and set a scope. After saving the configuration profile, I changed the scope, because, I recognized, that I used the wrong scope while I was creating the configuration profile.
After saving the corrected configuration profile, I can list all the clients, they are affected by this configuration profile. Some are "completed" and some are "pending". Now, I want to stop the action for the "pending" clients.
but there is no "Action" button at the lower right, when I am listing the clients. I fear, the only way to stop the policy is, to open manually each client and go to the maintenance page and stop the action there.