Jamf Pro, SCEP Server (NDES) and Aruba

husnudagidir
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

There are Aruba Access Points in my environment. We connect to the WIFI broadcast of these APs via Aruba Clearpass. Authentication is done through this. Then certificates and a Profile are downloaded to the MacOS device. After doing these, we can connect to the company WIFI network. This is a long and tiring process for the user and the technical support teams.

We want to do this process automatically, without user participation as much as possible. For this, we decided to use the policies on Jamf Pro. However, we have not been successful so far. The configuration policies we have prepared remain in the "pending" state.

We first made the SCEP configuration within the configuration policies and tried it. However, this does not work as it should. We configured this profile by using various documents. Of course, we first installed a Windows SCEP Server and configured it as it should. We activated the NDES service. We saw that we could reach the links we wanted via IIS for the certificate. However, for some reason, we could not get a result. I am sure that I missed a small detail. However, I cannot find what it is.

By the way, in the configuration I made, there is no need for Jamf Pro to talk to the SCEP server. There is access to the SCEP server on the network where I installed my MacOS devices. However, I do not see the devices loading the profile, requesting a certificate, and downloading it.

Does anyone have experience with this? Or can you share a video or document that clearly covers this issue?

0 REPLIES 0