Jamf Pro to Okta group

avivda
New Contributor

Hello, I'm currently using Jamf Pro, and I want to create a self service "Application" for example:

If the user clicks on the Loom application, the specific group on okta will be added to the user.

I got the provisioning already between the applications and Okta just looking for the store of Okta dashboard applications.

I just wanted to know if it's possible and if you can give me a clue how to do that. (I know how to add applications with self service. I just never did that with Okta) 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

dlondon
Valued Contributor

I don't have Okta but I'd think you would need a service account that has restricted permission to only add to the specific group in Okta.  Then your self service item would run a script to collect the user id of the person clicking that item and then connect to Okta and add that ID to the specific group using the service account credentials in your script.

Other people can comment on the security of doing something like this.  I wish there was a better way using perhaps a certificate or one time hash but I don't know whether that is a thing yet

avivda
New Contributor

Thanks for the answer. I will check it out!