Jamf Process Hanging

vespar
New Contributor

Recently, we noticed that many of our new laptops were failing to open Self-Service (bouncing in the dock) and that many of our software restrictions weren't being properly applied. Looking in Activity Monitor, we would notice anywhere from 2-4 JAMF processes running. Killing the lowest PID process seemed to cause the others to disappear aside from the one JAMF process and afterwards, Self-Service would open and our software restrictions began behaving.

Digging a little further, the issue only happens when the computer was powering on which caused us to look inside the LaunchDaemon folder. In here, we played around with the com.jamfsoftware.jamf.daemon.plist file located in Library/LaunchDaemons and took out the line of <string>-monitorBeacons</string> .

Upon doing so, we shut down the computer, and noticed the issue was no longer happening. We would restore that line, and sure enough, the JAMF process began to hang again. Another interesting thing we noticed was that if we shut down the computers with bluetooth turned off, the JAMF process would not hang even with the original plist file in tact.

Just curious if anyone else has encountered an issue like this?

5 REPLIES 5

mconners
Valued Contributor

We have been seeing this randomly as well @vespar and we couldn't make heads or tails of it. This was predominantly on the new 2016 MacBook Pros without touchbar. I am hoping someone at JAMF will see this as I really am worried about going into a new school year with something amiss.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are iBeacons currently being used in the environments?

mconners
Valued Contributor

In our environment @cyrus.ingraham we began to test a bit with beacons and needed to enable monitor beacon regions. However, we aren't using them at all. I am wondering if disabling the monitoring of beacon regions might help.

GSquared
New Contributor II

@mconners This is exactly what we did, we turned it on for testing and have since left it on. Unfortunately, this issue persists until removing the line from the LaunchDaemon. We are going to test turning it off in the JSS, but if the process is hanging and can't update it from the JSS settings, then that won't do much.

We have a case open at the moment with JAMF about it. Will keep this updated when we find out more information.

mtk
New Contributor III

GSquared: Curious what you found out. We've been having issues exactly as vespar described. Like you we had beacons on for testing.

I just turned them off, hoping that clears up the issue. Currently on Jamf 10.8.0