Jamf Test Drive

edickson
Contributor

Hello,

Is there a way to "test drive" the JAMF software on a personal basis? I'm going to be studying for the Certified Casper Technician (CCT) certification but I don't know exactly when and I wanted to start preparing a bit now for it. I have a Mac Mini setup that I'm going to also be learning about macOS server on and wanted to include a Casper (JAMFpro now) component if possible as well.

Thanks for your input!

6 REPLIES 6

apizz
Valued Contributor

@lakingsfn You might reach out to support@jamf.com about your intention. I know we have a 10 device license for our JSS test box, so they may be able to set something like that up for you.

duffcalifornia
Contributor

I will tell you that it's possible to have zero prior experience with JAMF Pro and still pass the CCT - the class teaches you everything you need to know, goes over a lot of practice scenarios, and the exam is open note, open resource (minus talking to anybody outside the class).

That being said, you could get a small grasp of JAMF Pro by requesting a demo (which may take some time), or by downloading JAMF Now, which is a free JAMF Pro-lite, which could give you an idea of what you were working with.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

If it's anything like the CCA, your instructor may be able to set up a jamfcloud instance for you to work with on your own while in the course.

edickson
Contributor

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the advice!

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hi @lakingsfn ,
I hope your preparation is going well. I want to make sure you are aware of a new tool for use in preparing for the CCT. The Jamf 100 course is designed specifically for this purpose.

Cheers,
Dusty Dorey
Director, Education Services
Jamf

edickson
Contributor

Thanks @dustydorey !!