jamfcloud.com keeps logging me off - annoying!

chrisB
Contributor II

These unwanted logoffs happen in most cases when I click on the "Refresh" button after uploading PKGs to our Jamf Cloud server (hosted by Jamf).

I always use Safari (with a 2-factor auth.) for Jamf tasks, should I change the browser or is it a browser settings thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrisB
Contributor II

I found out that this (personal) issue is related to the cookie store of the browser, as I use different tabs with different federated accounts with multi-factor authentication (everything without private mode).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ttyler
New Contributor II

Hi Chris, Unfortunately using an SSO provider might be your only option as you mentioned Jamf cloud which means you can not alter the time out.

For those who have an on prem server you can edit .../jss/tomcat/conf/web.xml, get down to around line 627 or just search for "session-config"

<session-config>
<session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
</session-config>

I would stick with an SSO server, or a 

chrisB
Contributor II

It's not a time out issue - clicking on "Refresh" leads to an immediate logoff, it's not time related.

chrisB
Contributor II

I found out that this (personal) issue is related to the cookie store of the browser, as I use different tabs with different federated accounts with multi-factor authentication (everything without private mode).

Hi, I know this is old, but I'm curious what about the cookie store was causing this? Do you mean that the cookies had the same name, and so they were being conflated with each other?

j_evans
New Contributor

I'm going to say this isn't just because of Safari's cookie store.  The exact same thing happens to me all. the. time. and I don't have ANY other windows open that are logged into any other sites with 2FA.  In fact I've been kicked out on refresh 3 times this morning and my jamf window is the only one open.  It's starting to really make me angry.

This never happens with any other site I use daily, with 2FA or not, so it seems this is an issue on JAMF's side of things.