Java 6 and Adobe CS6

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Each passing year that goes by since the sunsetting of Java 6 I become more and more reluctant to install it on machines, to the point that I don't include it on the systems. However, there seems to be 1 last holdout for it, and that's CS6...

Is there any way to avoid it or do I need to have it installed still for CS6 users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

just tested this and it seemed to work...

Try typing this into terminal see if it works.

sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk
sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

I haven't found a way beyond it...

Mhomar
Contributor

Sorry to say but I have not found a way around it as well.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

just tested this and it seemed to work...

Try typing this into terminal see if it works.

sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk
sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

We did a similar trick to what @jwojda posted above to get CS3 last year. The apps then opened, but later in the year once users were using the apps, we had random crashes with Flash Pro that went away once we installed Java 6. Same thing with one thing in Dreamweaver that wouldn't work without the real java 6 installed (inserting flash content or something I forget).

We also don't load Java 6 anymore. We were fortunate to be able to update to Creative Cloud and so far all the apps we need load without Java 6 (I tested Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, Fireworks CS6, Adobe Pro DC CC, Dreamweaver CC, Flash Pro Cc). We did see the Java 6 prompt when testing Captivate 7 I believe, so we told users we can't support that.

nessts
Valued Contributor II

@jwojda I assume you disabled SIP before running those commands?