Java Updates Help

rmaldonado
New Contributor

Fellow JAMFers,

I am looking for best practices or creative solutions for updating Java through a policy. I was able to get my smart group created, but unfortunately when I manually run the policy to my test group, I am met with the following return in terminal...

"Gathering Policy Information from https://me.mystuff.domain:port#//...
Executing Policy Java 7 Update 09... Mounting smb://me.mystuff.domain/casper to /Volumes/casper 1... Error: The package (Java 7 Update 09.pkg) could not be found. Unmounting file server..."

My method of getting the package into the Casper repository was just dropping the .PKG I extracted from the .DMG off of Oracle's Java website. I tried to convert the .PKG to a source in Composer but, it wasn't able to. I did capture the install via monitoring the install to my machine, but alas even then I am greeted with the same response in terminal. Is there something I am missing or possibly doing wrong? I have been able to push out Flash updates no problem but Java appears to be my nemesis. Thanks all in advance for reading :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nessts
Valued Contributor II

check permissions on the share, check replication between distribution points, and the permissions on all the distribution points.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

nessts
Valued Contributor II

check permissions on the share, check replication between distribution points, and the permissions on all the distribution points.