JDS 9.81 Linux Installation problem

patrickbaeken
New Contributor

Hi all, we are currently testing Casper to manage the Macs in our organization.
This is quite new for us as we mainly are a PC company (22K desktops).
We had no problem deploying/configuring the JSS but installing the JDS on a linux server (tried Redhat and ubuntu) always fails at the same point :

Allow untrusted SSL certificate? (y/n): y
Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 83, in <module> File "<string>", line 32, in main File "/root/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/REL-ACS-RELCASJDSRHEL/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/jds", line 33, in init File "/root/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/REL-ACS-RELCASJDSRHEL/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/conf", line 16, in init File "/root/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/REL-ACS-RELCASJDSRHEL/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/conf", line 42, in load File "/root/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/REL-ACS-RELCASJDSRHEL/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/xml.etree.ElementTree", line 862, in parse File "/root/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/REL-ACS-RELCASJDSRHEL/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/xml.etree.ElementTree", line 586, in parse File "/root/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/REL-ACS-RELCASJDSRHEL/build/pyi.linux2/jamfds/out00-PYZ.pyz/xml.etree.ElementTree", line 1245, in feed
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 2, column 65

failed to create configuration file.
check /usr/local/jds/logs/jamf.log for more information.

The jamf.log does not contain anything useful, a single line : INFO Creating configuration file for https://our.server.name

I would be grateful for any leads/ideas about this problem.

6 REPLIES 6

thoule
Valued Contributor II

Do you have any security software running on this box? Are you trying with a plain vanilla ubuntu-server install?

lkrasno
Contributor II

which Ubuntu? JDS does not like 14

patrickbaeken
New Contributor

No security software is running, tried on Redhat 6.7, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 14.04 LTS, result is always the same. Tried manually running jamfds createConf -url https://our.server.corp:8443/, erroring out every time on all platforms.

endor-moon
Contributor II

Perhaps some required software is missing? I'm using CentOS 6.5 for our JSS and we had to install the following for that:

yum install mysql-server
yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk.x86_64
yum install ftp
yum install unzip

I don't see a release notes for the JDS on 9.81. Perhaps you should open a support case and see what they can do. Please share the solution when you acquire it. ;)

patrickbaeken
New Contributor

Thanks for your input, I will give it a shot and let you know if that solves the problem.
We have reported this to jamf but we're still in a testing phase and we haven't received any answer from them yet.

endor-moon
Contributor II

@patrickbaeken No problem. By the way, my account rep tells me they are working on JDS 2.0 but if you can't wait they recommend using a simple HTTP share instead of the current JDS on Linux. See:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=216