JDS auto Deletes manually added packages on inventory

twest8
New Contributor

I have a scrip that dumps new packages into /Library/JDS/Shares/CasperShare (symlinked)

code: #/bin/bash
rsync -avmP --size-only --ignore-existing --include='.pkg' --exclude=* /Volumes/Macintosh HD2/autopkg Cache/*/ /Volumes/Macintosh HD2/Shares/CasperShare/
jamfds inventory
exit 0

after a couple minutes the JDS auto delete's the added packages with "2014-09-20 10:41:50,531 INFO Received 22 responses.
2014-09-20 10:41:50,531 INFO Deleting package "Office 2011 14.4.4 Update.pkg"" in my JDS log file.

Hopefully I'm overlooking something easy, I figured I could do it this way instead of manually adding each via casper admin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

talkingmoose

Although you're adding the package to the CasperShare, what are you doing to enter its data into the JSS (priority, FEU, FUT, Category, etc.)? My guess is Casper is removing it because your JSS has no record of it.

Also, are you adding your package to your root JDS? Is your root also your Master DP?

twest8
New Contributor

Ah, you are correct in that I am adding 0 data, good point. Also yes it's my root and only JDS/Master DP. I was hoping for a way to automate this process, but figuring a way to script all that is a bit beyond me. I may just have it dump to a folder and manually import from there. Thanks for the help.

talkingmoose

I suggest contacting your JAMF account representative for recommendations for programmatically adding packages to your JDS.

davechristensen
New Contributor II

Sorry to revive...

We are having the same issues, and trying to manually replicate packages to JDS for the same reasons it looks like most other people have. Did you ever find an answer to this problem? Some of our packages are autodeleting from the JDS as soon as they're moved over as well. They are indeed added to Casper Admin already and seeded out to many other DPs from the Master DP.

sgoetz
Contributor

I had this same issue and was able to resolve it. For me the checksum that CasperAdmin or JAMF DB had was different from the pkg/dmg being uploaded to the JDS. So when the JDS checked in and saw the checksum was different it deleted it. I resolved it by

1) deleting the pkg/dmg from Casper Admin, and all Distribution Points.
2) re-uploaded to Casper Admin made my information changes and saved it. 3) Replicated out to all the DP's
4) ssh'd into the Master DP
5) scp -r pkg/dmn user@JDSIP:~/path/to/upload/to
6) moved it to proper JDS share location
7) sudo jamfds inventory
8) sudo jamfds policy

I than checked the logs and JDS share location to make sure it didn't get deleted

I hope this helps

Thanks,

Shawn Goetz