JDS-OS Package Question

Kevin
Contributor II

I have been using various third-party methods to get an OS package installer into the JSS for Self Service use for a couple of years. 10.9.4 came out recently and I decided to try adding the Mavericks .app file to Casper Admin and do it the new JAMF way. I added the app to Admin, which uploaded the InstallESD.dmg file to my JDS. I allowed this to replicate to my two remote JDS hosts. The JDS Instances pie charts in my JSS interface showed all green, meaning all packages uploaded and replicated.

I then created a Custom OS Installer and saved my changes in Admin. All three of my JDS instances show 1 file waiting to upload/ replicate. It is the OSX installer created when you create the "Custom OS Install" in Admin. But that is not really a file, just a pointer to the Install.ESD.dmg file. The JDS Instances page perpetually shows that this "file" is "waiting".

The installer works fine–I installed Mavericks 10.9.4 from Self Service with it yesterday. It's just that I get this "error" that there is a file waiting to replicate. I verified this behavior by creating another Custom OS Install, and sure enough, I get 2 files "waiting."

I believe this to be a simple feedback error in the JSS, because there is no file to actually replicate. Is anyone else seeing this?

JSS V 9.31.

1 REPLY 1

Kevin
Contributor II

Anyone?