JSS Console Completely Unavailable and Slowness for few minutes

Saravive
New Contributor

Hi,

We are facing an issue with JSS console and it is completely unavailable for few minutes and the Self service also stopped working. When we checked the JSS logs, found that few errors and exactly the same time the console is unresponsiveness. Did anyone faced this issue and help me for resolving this issue. The Error screen is attached38d3235510214b73bb10fce2f33eebc0

3 REPLIES 3

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

I had something similar happen to me when we started using my current JSS several months ago and it was related to a very large/poorly written smart group that was causing some slow MySQL queries, so it may be worth it to take a look at the Slow MySQL log if its enabled.

Saravive
New Contributor

Thanks Andrew. Yes we have large set of smart groups with complex queries. I will start recording the slow_query_log on DB server to monitor this.

jjones
Contributor II

One note that we were told with smart groups, do not have a bunch of smart groups in one smart group criteria as when it repopulates the smart group it has to do so with all included smart groups in the criteria causing a massive mysql spike. You might watch activity monitor and see what mysql and java are pulling with cpu/ram. Generally they will not pull that much unless it's rebooting.