JSS showing application installed fine via Self Service but its not on machine.

simonp
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

My virgin post so go easy on me :-)

MBA running OSX 10.10. Connects to network fine, enrolled in the JSS, internet & Outlook works etc.

Anything downloaded from the internet (i.e Google Drive) installs fine and shows on machine.

Anything I install via Self Service does not work. SS pops up saying package install completed and I checked the JSS and it also shows as completed but the app does not show under Applications folder or in a search via Spotlight.

I ran a sudo jam policy and I notice that in it is this line "2016-04-28 14:54:29.406 jams [10044:36515] CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9807)"

Any ideas ?

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hi @simonp and welcome. You may need to provide a bit more info to get help. For example, what kind of packages are you using in these Self Service policies? DMGs? Pkgs? Were the installer pkgs or dmgs something you built in Composer or are they native installers from a vendor?
Is there any additional info you can get from logs on the Mac, like you would see in Console.app? It may reveal something in the system.log or, if they are installer pkgs, in the /var/log/install.log

simonp
New Contributor

Hi mm2270.

Thanks for the reply.

Its a mixture of both DMG's & PKG's (depends on the app) and a mixture of native installers and custom built one's in composer.
They work fine on any other mac (I tested a couple on my own mac at the same time) so its something specific to this machine/user.
Unfortunately the user has now gone on holiday so I can't recheck the logs but I'll do this when they're back.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@simonp can you include some screen shots of what your Self Service policy looks like? Specifically, shots of any payloads you are using and the scoping. That should give us a better idea of what you're trying to do.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

OK, I think I misunderstood your original post. I was thinking this was happening on a particular policy or subset of policies on all Macs. But it sounds like this is only happening on the one Mac with all Self Service policies, but not any other Macs? If so, I don't think it would be a problem with your policies or pkgs. This, to me, would indicate a problem with the Mac, not with your setup. When the user is back, I'd suggest trying to re-enroll the Mac into your JSS. I've seen odd cases of machines looking like they are enrolled and working, but stuff from Self Service will fail consistently, and in almost all cases simply re-enrolling it into our JSS fixes it.