JSS thinks app is installed.

lehmanp00
Contributor III

Hi everyone!
Starting our 1st week of remote learning and so far JSS has been invaluable for us.

1 issue I can't figure out. I have 1 iPad (at 13.3.1) that a user is trying to install and app for. JSS says the app is installed, but the app is not actually on the ipad. I have done a hard reset of the ipad, multiple inventory updates, blank pushes, reset network settings, reset all settings. Since the user is at home, I would like to avoid a full wipe and re-setup but maybe that is all we can do at this point?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lehmanp00
Contributor III

Student came in and we just wiped and restored. Everything was working after that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

I've had this happen at least five times in the past couple months(I'd love to time travel back to those but that's another topic). Specific apps for me but similar circumstance i.e. app is shown as "installed" in JSS but device doesn't have it.

One instance I restarted the iPad and cleared all commands and app installations. App started the install process. Next four needed to be reset and setup again. No rhyme or reason and other apps would install fine. If the device has an AppleID on it just have them take a backup and reset when it's finished.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

If this is a pushed app, and App Store is hidden:
Sometimes when this happens, I have seen where revealing the App store, acquiring from there and then deleting, gets things working as expected.
not easy to meneuver remotely I expect

lehmanp00
Contributor III

Thank you for the responses. He is a student and has a managed ID.

lehmanp00
Contributor III

Student came in and we just wiped and restored. Everything was working after that.

lng
New Contributor II

Similarly, we are having an issue where some of our lab devices that had SeeSaw 7.2.2 installed were not updating. Added the SeeSaw 7.2.6 as a new app, excluded 1 group at a time from the 7.2.2 and added them to 7.2.6. No further reported issues.