Jumpcloud and Jamf Integration Tips

MBlank
Contributor

I'm currently in the process of evaluating Jamf and we have a Jumpcloud backend which is currently performing all MDM functionality for Macs. My goal is to replace the Jumpcloud MDM with Jamf. However we're still going to be using Jumpcloud for SSO functionality and I'm trying to figure out the best ways to automate the process between the two systems. 

Ideally what I'd like to do is create a new user in Jumpcloud with all appropriate groups and then have a new user turn on their brand new Apple laptop, connect to wifi and let the configuration happen including pushing local credentials which are also the same for all SSO applications.. Right now since everything is through Jumpcloud this isn't an issue. 

I've found some info on pushing the JumpCloud Agent through Jamf using a script:https://support.jumpcloud.com/support/s/article/installing-the-jumpcloud-agent-via-jamf-2019-08-21-1...

And my assumption is if I can get this to work and a user exists through Jumpcloud (prior to getting their machine) they should be able to login using those credentials and the JumpCloud Agent should also push a secondary IT account. 

Is this correct?  Has anyone integrated the two in this method? I know it's possible as both companies have collaborated together on several presentations to show this.

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 REPLIES 0