Legacy Java Version in Lion

tyler_nelson
New Contributor

Nation,

I am building a 10.7 image and I have a timekeeping web application that has to use a particular version of Java: Java SE 6 Version 1.6.0_26 . The newer version of Java Apple pushes out will not work with this pivotal system. Is there a way to "roolback" to an earlier version of Java in 10.7?

8 REPLIES 8

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

You'd think with the latest security vulns the app vendor would update their app to use the latest version of Java...

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

--bah, double post--

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@tyler, not Kronos is it? Kronos working for us with Lion in Safari. Ours says it requires older version too.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

And actually in doing some digging the release of 1.6.0_26 (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4593) pre-dates the release of Lion. You're likely not going to find a release for Lion. I believe 1.6.0_29 was the first release for Lion.

tyler_nelson
New Contributor

@Sally I am referring to Kronos. Did you make any changes for Kronos to work? What OS version are you running?

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@tlyer - let me know if there's an address I can email you at.

Matt
Valued Contributor

We are using the latest version of Lion Java and Safari with Kronos Workforce Central 6.1 without any issues.

tyler_nelson
New Contributor

Thank you for the info. This discussion is leading to an update to our Kronos software.