Lightspeed install

limbertt
New Contributor

Having trouble getting Lightspeed mobile filtering working when installing through JSS. Here's my situation:

I've created the four installer packages, as instructed on Lightspeed's support wiki (User Agent plist, User Agent, Mobile Filter plist, Mobile Filter). A LS support person has verified that I've done this correctly.

When I image a client WITHOUT those files, and then install them afterward, mobile filtering works. It works whether I install them manually using a flash drive on the client machine, or pushed out to the machine through ARD.

If I put those same four files into an image configuration on my JSS, it does NOT work. It doesn't work if I install them at imaging time, nor if I image without them, then install them afterward with a policy. I've configured it every way I can think of, using different priorities to install them in a certain order, I've tried it with the checkbox for installing at imaging time both checked and unchecked.

For some reason, I can't get mobile filtering to work if the files are deployed through JSS. The very same files deployed in the very same order any other way seems to work fine.

Help?

2 REPLIES 2

limbertt
New Contributor

Follow-up - Here's my strange situation. Help?

1. If I include the four filter package files in an image configuration, mobile filtering doesn't work.

2. If I image without them, then manually install them (either with a flash drive, or pushing out through ARD), mobile filtering works.

3. If I push them out with a policy that executes itself at every15, mobile filtering doesn't work, even though the computers show up in the list of computers that have run the policy, and the logs show all four packages successfully installed, in the correct order.

4. If I trigger that very same policy manually (pushing 'jamf policy -trigger every15' out through ARD) the machine shows up in the list of machines that have run the policy, the logs look identical to those in #3, and this time mobile filtering works.

So, I'm pulling all imaged machines back out, starting them up, manually triggering that policy, and it seems to work, but I don't have time for this. Ideas?

cwbrown
New Contributor

We are having the same problem here. Still looking for a solution.