List of computers with certain process running

jfreeseman
New Contributor

We are a school that is looking to use LanSchool and I am working on pushing it out to a test group of machines.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to get a list of computers with the process for Lanschool student version running.

I have found the process name in the Unix reports of the individual computer inventory info, but was wanting a comprehensive list without having to go to each individual computer info screen

3 REPLIES 3

justinworkman
Contributor

I'm not sure what the process name would be for LanSchool as I haven't used it but I would do an extension attribute something like:

#!/bin/sh
mvar=$(ps aux | grep -c [lanschool_processname])
if [ $mvar -gt 1 ]; then
echo "<result>LanSchool</result>"
fi

Then just do an advanced search with the criteria being if the LanSchool attribute is present.

Andy_McCaskill
Contributor

Resurrecting this old thread. Has anyone found the service name for Lanschool? I am also looking for the same sort of reaction. Lanschool has a student and teacher version, I am trying to build mine to keep an eye on who has the teacher version to ensure no student gain access in some form or the other.

Andy_McCaskill
Contributor

Update on this thread

Lan School teacher uses "teacher.app" Lan School Student uses "student.app" yet, I do not see this on our machines.
It states on their information the files for student are located /Library/Application Support/LanSchool

it also has this file in services com.lanschool.lsdaemon.plist