Logic Pro VPP Deployment Issue

cleverleys
Contributor

Hi guys,
My first time posting here since we've rolled out Jamf, so I've got my fingers crossed that someone can help me!!!

I have purchased 20 VPP licences for Logic Pro X and I can see the app within Mac Store Apps inside Jamf.
The app is scoped to a static group of 16 Mac clients running Sierra and the app has deployed to one machine, however it is not deploying to the other 15!!!

I have spent hours trying to figure this out but can't see any reason as to why it's skipping 15 machines.

When I go to management I can see that the app deployment is pending.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

anickless
Contributor II

Sometimes when I have had this happen I send a blank push prior to the policy being applied. Also make sure you have more than one trigger condition active. I usually have login, logout, startup, and recurring check in complete. So I would flush the app from pending, send a blank push and see if there are any errors.

Then try restarting one of the machines and see what happens.

anickless
Contributor II

Another thing to check in the management tab for one of the machines is if a mdm capable user is listed or not. Just thinking I have been having issues wherein VPP store apps will not work because there was no mdm capable user so my VPP apps failed to install until I fixed it.