Login Event Not Running With Autologin User?

themacallan
New Contributor III

I searched previous posts, but didn't come across anything specific to this. My apologies if this is already known.

We have a need for shared laptops to autologin when booted. No problem, easy. We also have scripts that run on login that modify the user depending on who is logging in. Those also work without issue.

The problem I am seeing is that when a user automatically logs in, jamf policy -event login
does not trigger
. No evidence in logs of an attempt. I'm guessing that the autologin process must be different enough to prevent the jamf binary from recognizing it occurred.

Bug, or by design? Possible work-arounds? My thoughts are to create a LaunchDaemon that runs the jamf login event after the user loads. Does anyone have a more elegant approach?

Cheers,
Chad

2 REPLIES 2

Cornoir
Contributor II

Use outset ( https://github.com/chilcote/outset ) and set a bash script to run your command and add in after the command this line:

osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to display dialog "Hello World"'

so a pop up appears to verify the script works. And of course but the bash script in the login every folder. make sure system is the owner

themacallan
New Contributor III

Hey, thanks for this!