Login Screen Resolution

jturnage
New Contributor III

Does anyone know how to change/set the login screen resolution? I need to scale it to 720p but it boots up in 1080i and then logs in to 720p. I googled for a bit but I couldn't find anything.

Tried changing it in guest and root too. reset Pram a couple of times
And I tried "resx" and "display menu" after I got frustrated

Wondering if anyone knows a solution or a .plist file where this value can be changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

What are you trying to achieve? Or why do you need to do this?
Are you connecting to a projector or something? I would have thought that the resolution would be the highest that it can negotiate with the connected video output device. What machine are you using and what monitor/projector are you connecting to and over what interface or using what adapters

jturnage
New Contributor III

Mac pro HDMI - 42" tv. Multiviewer setup. All inputs have to be at same resolution on multiviewer. In sync. Don't want it changing resolution between login. It messes with the sync.

chrislandreth
New Contributor II

Not sure if this is an option for you. We have some of these in our video production rooms so we can force the resolution and sync to be consistent. Once set it will basically publish one resolution and sync as supported, the mac should always switch to that resolution.

Gefen HDMI Detective Plus
http://www.gefen.com/kvm/ext-hdmi-edidp.jsp?prod_id=8005