Long Shot But... Anyone help out with a REST API call script?

iholland
New Contributor

So here's the situation: we're trying to do a mass action with the REST API of Airwatch as part of our move to JAMF. Problem is that VMware, owner of Airwatch, does NOT provide any kind of support for these actions so we're on our own... which is bad because we have no-one familiar with this.

It is in this time of need I come to the JAMF Nation collective and ask for help!

Can someone help me figure out how to do a CURL PUT to a REST API that also requries passing headers? Has anyone here had experience with the Airwatch API?

Ian

2 REPLIES 2

r0blee
New Contributor III

I don't have any experience with the Airwatch API but can tell you that the following curl command will do a PUT into an extension attribute in the JSS.

curl -X PUT -H "Accept: application/xml" -H "Content-type: application/xml" -sku apiusername:apipassword -d "<computer><extension_attributes><attribute><name>Name of Extension Attribute</name><value>Value to PUT</value></attribute></extension_attributes></computer>" urlOfJSS/JSSResource/computers/name/hostnameOfComputer

It really depends on what you are trying to do. What are you trying to do a PUT on? Is it a particular field/value that already exists in the JSS or is it an extension attribute? The syntax will probably be slightly different depending on your approach.

Rob

kerouak
Valued Contributor

This also may help...

Airwatch API
https://community.servicenow.com/docs/DOC-1907