Mac AD Integration...

TheMacFNG
New Contributor

Hey all--

I have administered an already deployed Casper solution, but never from the ground up and working through use cases and building to me certain criteria. So I was hoping to post to this group and potentially get some feedback from anyone looking to assist.

So here goes some things I am looking to do:

At the top level, I need to:

Deploy Patches and new software versions Control -- Which I know that Casper can do Ensure Local access for IT services -- I think that Casper can do this Ensure local admin is protected -- Not sure Ensure disk encryption -- This can be done via Casper Ensure AV -- This can be done via AV management tool, but can Casper ensure this as well? Ensure local policy -- Can be done via Casper, but what about GPO pushing? 15 min computer lock -- Through local policy through Casper? password required -- Through local policy through Casper? brick capability -- Through local policy through Casper? Ensure AD registration -- Through local policy through Casper?

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance as it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers--

Jason

1 REPLY 1

SDamianoINWK
New Contributor III

Hi There,

GPO doesn't apply to macOS, so Jamf Pro (casper) won't push any GPO's that you have built in to AD.

Locking a computer screen after 15 minutes can be done via Configuration Profile. Configuration profiles include payloads that are defined by Apple, and typically reflect any settings that are in System Preferences. This setting, and how you want it set up, can be pushed to computers as a configuration profile using Jamf Pro via APNS. Password required - Yes, this can be done, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Brick Capability". If a computer was enrolled into Jamf pro via the Device Enrollment Program, you can lock a computer. If it was not, this is not possible.

Ensuring AD binding can also be done via Jamf, but that would have to be specific to your companies workflows.