Macbook not checking in

ssrai20
New Contributor

Hi,

I have an issue with one my macbooks. It is not checking in with Jamf since a week after it was enrolled.

I’ve run the following commands on the affected macbook.

Sudo Jamf Recon

Sudo Jamf policy

Sudo Jamf checkJSSConecction  

These haven’t fixed the issue. The macbook was enrolled by user-initiated enrolment by going to our server url /enroll

Do you know what else I can do to resolve this issue

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Does it still receive MDM commands? If so I would use the Binary Self Heal process:

Jamf binary self-heal with the Jamf API (modtitan.com)

If you run in to this issue on a regular basis, I would look at using this script to run this command from terminal:

Jamf binary self-heal via Terminal - Dan K. Snelson

I use this on a regular basis, and as long as the MDM commands are going through, it works well. The only consideration is that this will kick off the binary re-enrollment process, so if you have any policies with the trigger set to Enrollment and frequency Ongoing, they will run again. And, if you have clear policy logs on re-enrollment enabled, any Once Per Computer policies will run again as well. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Does it still receive MDM commands? If so I would use the Binary Self Heal process:

Jamf binary self-heal with the Jamf API (modtitan.com)

If you run in to this issue on a regular basis, I would look at using this script to run this command from terminal:

Jamf binary self-heal via Terminal - Dan K. Snelson

I use this on a regular basis, and as long as the MDM commands are going through, it works well. The only consideration is that this will kick off the binary re-enrollment process, so if you have any policies with the trigger set to Enrollment and frequency Ongoing, they will run again. And, if you have clear policy logs on re-enrollment enabled, any Once Per Computer policies will run again as well. 

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

sudo killall jamf

sudo jamf recon

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

This may not be what you are seeing, but be sure you are looking at the correct device record in Jamf Pro.  If this unit has had a service event, it may have the same serial, but a new UDID.  This will cause Jamf Pro to create a NEW device record when the device re-enrolls.  You may search for serial and find two device records, one is checking in normally, but the other is not.

Just a thought.