Macbook Pro remotely locked via jamf passcode....is there a way to remotely remove that lock now?

spowell01
Contributor

So, we have a macbook that we believe is missing/stolen. My first thought was to send a lock to the machine with the hopes that the user would then call in so we could identify who had it( that would only work if whoever had, was a legitimate district user) No call now, so our next step would be to remotely install the Prey software so we can get screenshots and more information....The machine has not checked in yet to receive the lock command sent....is there a way for me to remove that lock command remotely? I only see remote mobile device commands, and well the macbook isnt considered a mobile device. One would think since the ability is there to remove the lock from an ipad, it should be there for a macbook as well.. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spowell01
Contributor

ooook, i feel like an idiot. Its a simple push notification, all i had to do was cancel the pending notification. bangs head on desk

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

spowell01
Contributor

ooook, i feel like an idiot. Its a simple push notification, all i had to do was cancel the pending notification. bangs head on desk