Macs Drop Connection to Windows Server at specific time

davidmundt
New Contributor III

Hello we've had an issue plaguing our mixed environment for some time now and I'm out of ideas. Our Mac users experience a drop in connection to the Windows Shares they are connected to between 7-8pm and as a result lose images in whatever document they are working on that are stored on an SMB share. They become unable to save the doc locally or on the SMB share and lose their work.

I initially thought it was the kerberos ticket renewal when I discovered the threshold was set on Windows server to renew every 8 hours. I changed it to 14 hours and the issue seemed to have gone away. But it came back. The odd thing is that this issue is not consistent and does not happen every night.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this when your macs are bound to a Windows AD environment?

Thanks in advance,
David

3 REPLIES 3

Caist
New Contributor

We are having the same issue. How did you make that change?

davidmundt
New Contributor III

I did it in the Default Domain Policy on the DC. I've changed the value for ticket lifetime to = 18 hours.

f2172215e61848589b679cef709e35cb

davidmundt
New Contributor III

This issue is still occurring after I set the Kerberos ticket for a longer time period. It happens between 7:30 and 7:45 every night. Has anyone else ever seen this behavior? I want to begin searching logs but am not really sure where to begin.