make Apple Configurator 'pause' when installing profiles?

ezemke
New Contributor III

With the update to Configurator v1.3.1, my 'enroll with jss' profile is failing because the ipad is not able to complete the 'join wifi' profile fast enough. Has anyone had success in creating a pause/wait inside of Configurator so that I dont have to make two passes, one with wifi and another with join jss?
Or are you just creating a master of the ipad with it on there and then restoring a backup of the iPad with the configurations already installed (seems redundant and time consuming)
Thanks for ideas.
Eric

2 REPLIES 2

jmsgrady
New Contributor III

I usually run Configurator twice: the first time to install the wi-fi profile, the second to install the JSS enrollment profile (leaving both boxes checked).

AndyBeaver
Contributor II

Make sure you only have your wifi connection in one config profile.I have had inconsistent results using a cached wifi connection in a backup. Also if you are supervising them, in the prepare phase install the profile that contains wifi and restore from your backup if you have one. Once the devices show up in the supervised pane then check your MDM and apply, just make sure you are not restoring from backup again here. The other issue could be the order in which the profiles are installing. Drag a copy of the profile containing to Wi-Fi payload back into the profiles pane of Apple Configurator and replace the existing copy. Give that a shot.