Managed Apple ID

anverhousseini
Contributor II

Hi JAMF

I just created the CSV for creating mass Apple IDs on the Apple School Manager.

All the students and staff had already an mail address like john.apple@example.com. Now the School Manager will create Apple IDs like johnapple@example.com. I could not change the template. Is there no way to create Apple IDs with a dot between the first and last name?

Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

chrisross
New Contributor

You can change the Managed Apple ID template by going to the Setup Assistant (Under your account in the upper right corner). Then selecting + "Create Accounts and Classes".

anverhousseini
Contributor II

Yes I found that, but it does not allow me to put in a dot between the first and last name.

chrisross
New Contributor

You can make sure the email address field is populated in the CSV and use the the option - Email Username before "@"

This should get you what you're looking for.

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

@anverhousseini ASM should let you add extra characters into the name pattern. I have mine set with First name then a period and then Last name.9207bb3707f3400d8028766b4e693346

anverhousseini
Contributor II

@cbrewer Thanks for your help. I cannot put in that period. Just the "templates". I'm in Switzerland and on the top right corner there is this "Beta" sign. Could it be that some features are not yet available in Switzerland, only in the U.S.?

And the funny thing is: I cannot change the Managed Apple IDs manually. It gives me an error, that the ID is already being used. Which is impossible, as the students do not have access on the E-Mail account.

Really frustrating...