Managed Preferences and Admins

Not applicable

I have setup Managed Preferences in Casper. When I login with a local Admin account it get managed. How can I prevent local Admins form getting Managed by Managed Preferences in Casper with LION Macs?

Jade

5 REPLIES 5

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Casper only applies machine level MCX, which means everyone gets it. If you want to apply MCX to specific users or groups you will have to employ slightly different methods.

Here is what I do:

1) Use WGM on a client running off the local node 2) set all management settings I want and export it to a file 3) upload file into casper admin 4) post image script runs and creates local user account 5) manual trigger policy runs in post image script that runs another script that imports MCX files to that local user

-tom

khatem
New Contributor

Tom, Would you kindly share your post image script that creates the local user account and contains the manual trigger policy? Would you also share the script that imports MCX files to the local user? We have moved away from network and mobile accounts. Since Casper only applies machine level MCX, I would like to use individual user MCX as described above.

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Hi Kendra,

I just opened up my copy of the script, which is a few years old and I apparently did it as a manual trigger policy. I can ask my old coworkers if they still have the original scripts and can post them.

Sorry,

Tom

mahughe
Contributor

!/bin/bash

# import student MCX file

/usr/bin/dscl . -mcximport /Users/student /Volumes/CasperShare/Scripts/studentmcx.plist

exit 0

khatem
New Contributor

Thanks.