managing 1000s of Macbook Airs [ ref:00D8cOw4.500CEz6mD:ref ]

Not applicable

My comments were mostly about instances where there is no hardware distinction between one install and another. We have a Mac test lab here, that we can't use effectively. It has one of each type of Mac that we use, some (the iMac) with multiple partitions, and some (the Mac Pro) with multiple hard drives. Casper is unable to distinguish between these volumes; thus, they have to be reimaged every time something is finished being tested. This is unrealistic and unnecessary, but it's what Casper forces us to do. I see no downsides to using the UUID system I described before; are there any that you can foresee?

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

My comments were mostly about instances where there is no hardware distinction between one install and another. We have a Mac test lab here, that we can't use effectively. It has one of each type of Mac that we use, some (the iMac) with multiple partitions, and some (the Mac Pro) with multiple hard drives. Casper is unable to distinguish between these volumes; thus, they have to be reimaged every time something is finished being tested. This is unrealistic and unnecessary, but it's what Casper forces us to do. I see no downsides to using the UUID system I described before; are there any that you can foresee?