Manually adding computers after 9.0

libertyuniversi
New Contributor II

Is there a way to manually add a computer to JSS version 9.0? or has that feature been removed? It is pretty important to our current inventory workflow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hmmm, I know a computer can be added from the API, but yeah, I don't see a way to manually add one now in 9 from the web UI. Looks like it was removed. If not, then its quite well hidden.

You may need to revamp your workflow to start using the API to create new computers in the JSS. One one hand, it may mean you can automate some of the workflow. On the other hand, its going to involve a bit more effort to get it all working right.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hmmm, I know a computer can be added from the API, but yeah, I don't see a way to manually add one now in 9 from the web UI. Looks like it was removed. If not, then its quite well hidden.

You may need to revamp your workflow to start using the API to create new computers in the JSS. One one hand, it may mean you can automate some of the workflow. On the other hand, its going to involve a bit more effort to get it all working right.

libertyuniversi
New Contributor II

That's true, I forgot about the API. The inventory department is using that for large shipments, but it was nice to add one through the web UI.

pblake
Contributor III

Do you just add it in - Computer - Prestage imaging?

Matt
Valued Contributor

I miss this feature we use the JSS to asset manage as well which means some machines do not check in :(