Maps and Privacy settings

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have been scratching my head over this and while it appears simple in nature, I cannot find the solution.

We have a large batch of new computers to be deployed in our college, soon. We are wanting to enable location services for Maps. No matter what I have tried, when I open Maps, it tells me "Maps not authorized to access your location." Yes, I have gone into the privacy settings and set Maps to access it for location purposes. I know there must be a configuration profile that deals with this or perhaps a plist so I am not having to touch hundreds of Macs? I proceed to look for plist or other settings that I can enable this for ALL users.

Do any of you know this information? There must be a simple solution that I have simply thought right past on this one. Thanks in advance!!

Mick

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Those are stored in an sqlite db, like many things are being done lately, so there is no plist to manipulate for it. However, have you done some searches here on the topic? Try looking through this thread to see if it points you in the right direction: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=13723