Mass Delete policies?

Eyoung
Contributor

So many old outdated policies.... deleting one at a time so boring. Is there a way to mass delete them?

------------------------------------------------
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand --Kurt Vonnegut

Eric Young
eyoung at thayer.org
781-664-2286 Work

8 REPLIES 8

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Ya, we're actually building an isolated LAB environment now. We're ramping up to do some in depth testing on a wide variety of stuff (including Adobe CS5 distribution and patch management). If we get many more requests for queries, we may need to do an ROI to see if it's worth bringing in a consultant to avoid having to continue manually entering, copy/pasting from results, etc.

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Intern.
-- 
Jared F. Nichols
Desktop Engineer, Client Services
Information Services Department
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Make sure your intern is competent enough to bring you the right coffee first, then give them delete rights to policies

Eyoung
Contributor

HA! I am my own intern :-) its one of many hats... but that one lights up.. and has a propeller

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ????????????????????????
The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it will contract. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Eric Young
eyoung at thayer.org

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

We usually had to send interns out with PMS chips to make sure the coffee wasn't too dark or light. :)

We actually had a similar need. We had to create a Smart Group in JSS using MAC addresses provided to us in an Excel spreadsheet. No way to import. No interns. All tedious manual labor. I'd give anything to have a MySQL database administrator on staff.

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

If you create a read/write or use the msyql root account you can drop certain things out of the database, though you would have to know how to write code for mysql. Which for the most part is very simple, the vocab is very straight forward, the syntax I don't know though.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Sounds like the sort of thing where having a sandbox JSS to play with would be helpful.
--
Jared F. Nichols
Desktop Engineer, Client Services
Information Services Department
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

If I only had time to play in an OD/JSS sandbox all day, I would have already written all the scripts for you guys to use a long time ago :) I also would have taught myself several coding languages by now