MDM Profile Not Approved Self Service Reminders

bburn
New Contributor II

I have seen previous posts about the reminder from Self Service that tells people to approve their MDM profile. This seems pretty cool. My question is, do I need to initiate or turn on this feature? It's not working for me. Im personally am on 10.13.6 and Jamf is on 10.5 which is well past the required from what I've read. My test machine does not have the MDM profile approved so I know it's not working.

We have a lot of machines that do not have their MDM profiles approved. It would be nice to get this working. We are in DEP but at only maybe 20% of our machines are DEP'd as we are new to the program. What am I missing here?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jamf_sam

@bburn Try looking in your Jamf Pro Settings under Self-Service for macOS. Mine looks like this:
67eaa70c90a24371ac3c3cbd34a5fa15
Best of luck!

View solution in original post

jamf_sam

Good question! From the admin guide:

Users with eligible computers are notified via a pop-up dialog when they launch Self Service and via a Notification Center notification that is automatically sent once per week or after Tomcat is restarted.

There are some dependencies around Self Service Notifications, but you can find all of that on this page of the admin guide: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/499/managing-user-approved-mdm-with-jamf-pro

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jamf_sam

@bburn Try looking in your Jamf Pro Settings under Self-Service for macOS. Mine looks like this:
67eaa70c90a24371ac3c3cbd34a5fa15
Best of luck!

bburn
New Contributor II

Thanks @jamf_sam for pointing me in the right direction. I think I figured out my issue. I looked up what you suggested and yes, I do have that checked. Then I realized that my MDM profile is saying it is "unverified" instead of just verified but not approved. I came across the following command after researching unverified

sudo jamf mdm -userLevelMdm

After running that, I am now Verified but not approved and now that message shows up when I open Self Service. My question now is can that message show without having users open Self Service to see it or does it only show when Self Service is opened manually?

jamf_sam

Good question! From the admin guide:

Users with eligible computers are notified via a pop-up dialog when they launch Self Service and via a Notification Center notification that is automatically sent once per week or after Tomcat is restarted.

There are some dependencies around Self Service Notifications, but you can find all of that on this page of the admin guide: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/499/managing-user-approved-mdm-with-jamf-pro

bburn
New Contributor II

Thank you again @jamf_sam it looks like I have everything setup as it should. Now only to see if users will actually approve their MDM Profile.

dmw3
Contributor III

Hi all, has anyone seen this approval notification to be there every-time Self-Service is opened with Big Sur?
JSS is running latest version 10.26, anoying but not a show stopper as just clicking the link will bring up the Profile Preference, closing the dialog box will then just clear the notification until next time that Self-Service is opened.

One thing to note is that the Profile Preference dialog box is actually empty, no profiles can be seen.
996ac2c3ace144e7aff7b9196fea59bc

f54f366c877844b5a576252a30077363