Meraki .Mobileconfig Jamf Deployment

S_Puschel
New Contributor III

I would like to distribute the Cisco Meraki .mobileconfig file for the WLAN in Jamf Does anyone here have experience and can explain the best way to do this?

9 REPLIES 9

erichughes
Contributor II

We deploy the Meraki System agent as a package as part of our PreStage Enrollment. If you have the .mobileconfig Shouldn't you be able to upload that as a Configuration Profile to be distributed?

S_Puschel
New Contributor III

I thought so too, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Get the following error message!

optional image ALT text

link text

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Is this a profile containing a wireless SSID? Where was it created?

tsylwest
Contributor

@S.Puschel did you manage to get this working? Having the same issue here, and @mainelysteve not sure about the OP above, but ours does contain a wireless SSID, any thoughts?

S_Puschel
New Contributor III

Hey, no, I haven't been able to do that yet. If you have a solution I would be grateful for a short message.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@tsylwest Depends on what security the network is using. If it's 802.1x either server based or meraki 802.1x then the certificates need to be included in the mobile config.

We need some more details to give you a better, more in-depth answer.

tsylwest
Contributor

@mainelysteve yeah we have a fairly basic setup I think. This is the page I have been told to use as instructions to send the users... not really that friendly as it means we need to send them out a config file that they need to install themselves... really wanted to be able to distribute this out through Jamf

S_Puschel
New Contributor III

It did not work with the Meraki certificates! We now use a freeradius connected to Meraki and the certificates work

tsylwest
Contributor

@S.Puschel that sounds great, would you possibly be able to elaborate a little on your setup? I know basics, but I'm not the Network/Certs guru at our place :-( any info would be super appreciated!