Message on login window after policy finish installing

raghdasi
New Contributor III

Hello There,

I hope this discussion found everyone well.
I would to create a message for the our users / support staff to see after the policy finish installing in login window. I created a message that can be seeing while user logged in but not if no one logged on to the computer and computer is on Login Window. This message will only appear once after the policy finished.

Thanks everyone.

6 REPLIES 6

dnelson2813
Contributor

So you want a banner that displays on the screen when no one is logged in?

dnelson2813
Contributor

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202277

This is what you're looking for I believe.

raghdasi
New Contributor III

Yes basically I have a policy with around 16 packages and some other settings, I am deploying this policy for our computers after going through DEP. I want to create a message on login window so our support staff or whoever deploy this policy know that policy is done and computer is ready to go.

raghdasi
New Contributor III

I need this popup or message to come up only once when we assigned the computer to this policy as a last action within the policy to say “computer is finished installing the apps and it is ready to login”.
We already have a banner created and it has our conditions of use on login window when no one logged in.

dnelson2813
Contributor

Ohhhh OK. Then the thing I posted isn't what you're looking for. You want to do a login window Configuration Profile.

ba801d10c9cd4157a6f750b96b46ca8f

raghdasi
New Contributor III

Hi @dnelson2813

Thanks for the response. but if I create Configuration Profile it will appear every time (i have this setup and i am displaying support number within our environment. My aim is only display this message Once after policy finished installing (while no one logged on to the computer (computer is on login window) or user logged on). Message will notify the support staff or the user that policy finished installation and they can login. Have a great day.