Messed up self service...

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hello Folks,

So we have had a branded self service running for over a year and people love it. Today, we updated to JSS 9.9 and right after we knew it was humming along happily, I went into the normal process of changing the one file, loginLogo in the following path: /Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/images/selfservice2 so our branding would continue to show up. On my admin mac self service is still working fine. However, it has been discovered that the self service application is having this logo icon zoom out to a small logo over and over and over again. The visual is nauseating to see and I don't know how to stop it.

Anyone else who has a branded self service seeing this or have a tip for me?

Thanks! Mick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tombelger
New Contributor II

Hi Mick,

It sounds like your PNG file has multiple layers. See attached screen shot example.
I found the easiest way to get around this is to open the file in Preview, show thumbnails, drag and drop the largest layer (1) to your Desktop - it should copy as a TIFF file. Open the TIFF file, then export that TIFF as a PNG.

Cheers

Tom

2693d5a5d3f64f42bf63a5e6296f0734

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tombelger
New Contributor II

Hi Mick,

It sounds like your PNG file has multiple layers. See attached screen shot example.
I found the easiest way to get around this is to open the file in Preview, show thumbnails, drag and drop the largest layer (1) to your Desktop - it should copy as a TIFF file. Open the TIFF file, then export that TIFF as a PNG.

Cheers

Tom

2693d5a5d3f64f42bf63a5e6296f0734

ryanstayloradob
Contributor

Ah.. Animated PNGs.. How fun they are, until they're not. We have seen this in Self Service on 9.81. Tom's solution takes care of it.

mconners
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the quick responses. I enabled it this morning and all is well, thank you so much!! Mick

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

I just started using @mm2270 's utility to automate the icon creation, worked like a charm: Self-Service-Icon-Maker