Migrating Mac from on prem jamf to cloud jamf bricks OS on reboot

shringkel
New Contributor

I have been tasked with migrating computers off our onPrem JAMF Pro install to a cloud pro install.

We had about 75 machines of varied OS versions (10.12.x up to 10.15.x) I have completed pretty much all of them. There were about 6 machines that i was unable to "enable remote desktop" that appeared linked to the OS version (sierra).

I proceeded to push the migration script out to the sierra group (ReEnroller package) and they migrated and were checking in to cloud jamf. Part of the process is approving the new MDM profile which we were using remote desktop to click this. So, these 6 needed on site access to complete the task.

When we went to the device, we noted the profiles system preference was absent/didn't have any profiles present. We then proceeded to reboot the device which then resulted in the lovely flashing question mark.

I am at a loss as to what has happened here, why is the computer bricked?

Apologies for the WoT..

2 REPLIES 2

geoff_widdowson
Contributor II

A flashing question mark could just mean the device has forgotten what its boot drive is. Power on with the option key to see if you see the Machintosh HD listed.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

In Jamf Pro itself I would check your policies to see if any have the restart options payload configured.