Migration from Airwatch to Jamf Pro & VPP Licenses

NEIT_SHC
New Contributor

Hello

We have a high school with +400 iOS devices in Airwatch we are going to be moving to Jamf Pro. I've been contracted to engineer the project.

I am not sure yet if these devices are DEP enabled or not. (Some will be personally owned, some are owned by the institution)

Ideally we want to make this as seamless as possible. I.e unenroll the device from AW and enroll into Jamf withoutItalicText
having to reset the device or loose any MDM installed apps.

I'd like to avoid students loosing app data on their institution assigned device.

Is that possible? Or would it be best practice to reset the (institution) device and then start from scratch by either using DEP enrollment (if available) / user base enrollment and then re-push everything.

Will the personal devices also have their MDM assigned apps removed and reinstalled during the VPP token and MDM migration?

Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

In AW, if DEP, the MDM profile is probably configured as not removable.

With a new APNS certificate and MDM URL, I think you should be starting from scratch. We'll see if anyone else chimes in.

dmw3
Contributor III

When we moved from Airwatch to Jamf Pro MDM, we wiped the iPads and started again, although these were not devices with user data on.