Mobile Accounts - Cannot Sync or Logon Offline

bstossel
New Contributor

I am new to this community...Apple Communities are becoming pretty worthless as people don't seem to reply to even the simplest of queries anymore.

I'm trying to configure mobile accounts to sync and allow offline access. The following thread from over a year ago seems to point me in the right direction (https://discussions.apple.com/message/29348249), but I believe there are other factors involved on our corporate network that may prevent me from getting this setup for my mac users.

The AD Profile tab for my user account has the "Connect" box filled in with a network path to my HomeDrive (see attached). However, we use DFS/Redirected Folders to synchronize My Docs on Windows PC's here and my concern is that deleting the HomeDrive path or turning it off would keep me from being able to access my personal network share when logging on to a PC.

I need to know how to setup my AD profile correctly that would NOT harm my ability to logon to a PC and allow use of the Macs offline with mobile accounts setup. Is there a way to do this? What additional info is needed to configure this so users could logon to both Macs and PC laptops with sync and offline access?

1 REPLY 1

CapU
Contributor III

Here is how we have to set up our macs to allow offline login.156fa530499040ffaf48acc7f029904c