Mobile Static Groups break across pages

anne_benson
New Contributor II

I have my grade level iPads set up in static groups and profiles applied to these groups. Since we have the app store blocked, I remove the student from the static group with the restrictions applied in order to install apps. If the group is large enough to span two pages, when I uncheck an iPad on one page and save it, anyone who is not on that same page (ie have 50 displaying) will no longer belong to that group. I"m pretty sure this is not how the software is supposed to work. We are using 9.1

3 REPLIES 3

jqcampbell
New Contributor II

We are seeing the same issue as well (JSS Version 9.11). We have a static mobile device group that was scoped to an email configuration profile. It seems that after any change is made to the static group devices it totally overwrites the database rather than appending the new information. As you stated, it also appears that along with this overwrite it will only write those devices that are appear in the active list in the window when "save" is clicked. I have gone through and added 76 new devices via filtering, verified that they were still selected by filtering previously selected items and hit save only to find that the last two devices I was viewing were the only ones that saved.

It appears that the only workaround at this time is to select all of the devices that you require in the group via filtering and then change your view to "All" before saving. Unfortunately this would also have to be done each time you added any devices to the list or else it will overwrite the entire group with only the new devices added.

I am curious if it sends a push notification to every device (existing or new) each time there is a change since it appears to be rewriting the entire database entry for that group every time. Not sure that would be a major concern unless you are looking at a wireless profile that is scoped and it might want to uninstall and reinstall the profile on every device in the list each time there was a change. That could lead to a lot of disconnected devices.

We have contacted our representative at JAMF about this issue and will report back.

asditsupport
New Contributor III

Join the club!
We lost 362 clients (from one static group). Contacted JAMF support and they are aware of this [D-005062]issue /defect
A timeline on this fix has not yet been made clear. I have disabled static group privileges for all users until its fixed.

And, we had a WiFi profile scoped to that group! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Sean_Ginn
New Contributor II

I have also noticed a new issue with out MDM that won't allow access to more than 56 of our devices with Static Mobile Device Groups. It was working previously and now for some reason it has stopped. Anyone seen that before? On top of the current stated issue.