Mobility Configuration Profile

tuinte
Contributor III

Hey, guys:

I've set up a Mobility Configuration Profile to "Create mobile account when user logs in to network account" for our Open Directory (10.6.8). Of course, being a User Level profile, this doesn't get applied until after first login. So the first time we log in with a network user it creates a network account, then the Configuration Profile gets applied, so the next time we login, a proper mobile account gets created. This is okay, but is there any way to get the mobile account on first login?

Lemme know your thoughts!

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

justinworkman
Contributor

Sorry I just noticed your reply....
Here is the EA:

#!/bin/sh
liu=$(who | grep console | awk '{print $1}')
la=$(ls /Users | grep $liu)
if [ "$liu" = "$la" ]; then
echo "<result>Mobile</result>"
else
echo "<result>Network</result>"
fi

and here is the script:

#!/bin/sh
liuser=$(who | grep console | awk '{print $1}')
/System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClient.app/Contents/Resources/createmobileaccount -n $liuser

I'm abandoning hopes of using configuration profiles for mobility this year and reverting back to using 10.6.8 OD MCX.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Johnny_Kim
Contributor II

I use a script with a startup trigger with the command below. This works very well with 10.7.x, not sure about 10.6.x

dsconfigad -mobile enable ; dsconfigad -mobileconfirm disable

tuinte
Contributor III

Do you mean dsconfigldap as I'm using OD not AD?

justinworkman
Contributor

I've had trouble with this also. I'm also using OD. Even after a single login I can't reliably be sure that a 'mobile' account will be created. I've seen people have to log in and out multiple times before their mobile account takes hold. What I eventually did this year(I'm hoping to come up with something new this summer) is build an extension attribute to determine who was using a network account. I created a smart group based on that EA then ran a script scoped to that group that forced the creation of the mobile account. I'd be happy to share the EA and script if anyone is interested.

tuinte
Contributor III

I would gladly take such an EA and such a script.

justinworkman
Contributor

Sorry I just noticed your reply....
Here is the EA:

#!/bin/sh
liu=$(who | grep console | awk '{print $1}')
la=$(ls /Users | grep $liu)
if [ "$liu" = "$la" ]; then
echo "<result>Mobile</result>"
else
echo "<result>Network</result>"
fi

and here is the script:

#!/bin/sh
liuser=$(who | grep console | awk '{print $1}')
/System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClient.app/Contents/Resources/createmobileaccount -n $liuser

I'm abandoning hopes of using configuration profiles for mobility this year and reverting back to using 10.6.8 OD MCX.

tuinte
Contributor III

OP delivers. Thanks a million.

Jpmvdr
New Contributor

Justin,
I am using your script but get an error I do not understand:
Running script createMobileUser.sh... Script exit code: 0 Script result: 2013-06-27 13:29:15.298 createmobileaccount[975:707] MCXCCacheMCXRecordAndGraph(): vproc_swap_integer(NULL, VPROC_GSK_PERUSER_SUSPEND, &(uid=1027), NULL) failed
2013-06-27 13:29:16.426 createmobileaccount[975:707] MCXCCacheMCXRecordAndGraph(): vproc_swap_integer(NULL, VPROC_GSK_PERUSER_RESUME, &(uid=1027), NULL) failed
createmobileaccount built Apr 27 2013 02:50:29

Any ideas?